Hello again lovely readers, this is my first proper post here! Today I thought that I would share the easiest recipe I found for shortbread cookies. You only need three ingredients, can you believe it?!
You Will need:
- 150g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 50g sugar
- A mixing bowl
- A fork
- A cooling rack
- A baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease your baking tray or you can use baking paper instead.
- Put all of the ingredients into the mixing bowl and rub them together using your fingertips, until the mixture is crumbly.
- When this happens, squeeze the mixture together to form a dough.
4. Take pieces from the dough and roll them into balls the size of a ping pong ball.
5. Using a fork, press down on the Cookies to flatten them slightly, making sure to leave room for them to expand in the oven (shown below).
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until cooked properly (you can test by sticking a knife in one of the Cookies, if it comes out clean, the Cookies are ready!)
7. Decorate with whatever you like! I used coco powder on some and even Nutella on a couple! Other options are almonds, coconut or you can mix coco powder in with the mixture during step 2.
And there you have it lovelies! The easiest Cookies to make: they were so good! However, please remember that I AM NOT a professional baker, I found this recipe in a book I have at home so I thought I’d share it with you!
All photos in this post are my own, but they’re not the best quality as my actual camera is broken right now and I’m not a professional photographer either!
Thanks for reading. Remember to share and comment what you would like me to post next! Also if you make these please tell me how it went for you!
What’s your favourite thing to bake?
Lots of love, CoffeeeAndCream x